Jenn Voki

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Blog Entry #4



Read the story below to find out how Ms. H spent her weekend. After reading, fill in the correct pronoun that fits in each blank using the word bank provided.

What is a pronoun?
A pronoun is a class of nouns that substitute nouns.

Word Bank

I: a word used in place of one's self or in place of their name
it: a word used in place of a noun
they: a word used in place of a group of people
them: the informal form of they
their: a word to describe something being a possession of someone else
we: a word used to describe a group of people in which you are included
me: the informal form of "I"


This past weekend was so much fun! I took a ride to Staten Island to do a pizza tour with my family. _it_ was so fun seeing _them_ . When I arrived to   their    house, we immediately left for the first restaurant. As  we_ were driving there   they  told  me   all the about the pizza places we were going to since _I_ have never been before.

When _we  got to the restaurant we order a large pie for everyone to share. The pizza was so good! _It_ was the best pizza I had ever tasted (and believe me , I've tasted a lot of pizza)!

Next, _we  were off to the next pizza place. Again we order a large plain pie. After testing that pizza _we_ all decided that the first one was still our favorite.

Then we drove to the last and final pizza place. When we got there we ordered the same as we  did at all the other places; a large plain pie. I am not quite sure if this pizza was our least favorite because we were so full or really because it was not a contender.

After being stuffed to the brim of pizza we went back to play some board games and reflect on the wonderful day that we had. Boy do I love pizza, but something tells me I won't want pizza for a long time.

Use the link below to find some worksheet that help further your student's understanding of pronouns:

http://www.k12reader.com/subject/pronouns/

No comments:

Post a Comment